We don't do a new activity every day. Sometimes not even every week. But our days are filled with a mixture of the following, with new activities thrown in the mix. This list is mostly for Lilly but since Violet is here all day as well, she naturally is involved in a great deal & soaking up knowledge like a sponge like big sister.
- Reading (on her own & being read to)
- Reciting books (she has recently started doing this really well & randomly surprises us with a new one she has memorized)
- Music & dancing in the living room
- Singing (we sing pretty much all throughout the day)
- Free play
- Outside (whether it's the back yard, a walk, the park, zoo, etc)
- Art (free or semi-guided)
- Life Skills (cleaning, laundry, cooking, building, dressing herself, etc)
- Science (we're just now starting to dive into this)
- Math (right now consists of lots of counting at random times throughout our day "pick up 3 of your animals", etc)
- Geography, directions
- TV (when baby sis goes to nap, she gets to watch a show or movie. Sometimes educational, sometimes purely entertainment. But I think there's always something to be learned anywhere you look)
- the Other Stuff that I can't quite think of a category for (comparisons, computer usage, etc)
I plan on sharing our fun activities so that others can gather ideas, be inspired and maybe swap ideas as well! Some stuff I make up, but other ideas I get from others. :) This learning journey is amazing and I'm thoroughly enjoying watching my girls grow and learn and love it! We're all learning together.